Stephanie uses Xtreme Lashes (which you've heard me talk about before). The best of the best! The process may seem a little quirky, but is so worth it. I've been getting my lashes done at Brilliant Bodywork for months and each time the procedure is relaxing and revitalizing. After laying down on the comfiest spa bed ever, you've given a warm neck pillow infused with lavender (so yummy). Gel pads are place under your eyes and each lash is applied one by one by Stephanie. The process takes about two hours for your first application. It's the perfect setting for a taking a nap, or if you're like me it gives you plenty of time to chat away with your Xtreme Lashes stylist about beauty trends and skincare!
Your lashes stylist will only apply lashes that your natural lash can support. This is to ensure you get the full wear of your lash extensions.
So now we're going to get a little personal! Above you'll see my before and after pictures.The orange arrow points to my thin and hopeless lashes - notice how lush and shiny my extended lashes appear in the picture below. Stephanie used the "Thicks" on my lashes in lengths 9-12cm. Adding thickness and length to my eyes. I won't even need to put on mascara and I don't run the risk of pulling out my lashes, since Xtreme Lashes shed with my natural lashes (this process is normal - each eyelash typically lives for 150 days). During the next 48 hours I'll take extra special care to my lashes to ensure they last as long as possible (Note: I typically get a fill every 2-3 weeks).
As I left Brilliant Bodywork I was given an Xtreme Lashes aftercare pamphlet. For the next 48 hours I won't:
- Wet my eyelashes (FYI: Take a bath and don't shower)
- Avoided sweating (stick to yoga or pilates vs. cardio)
- Put on excessive eye makeup (normally a little mascara or eyeliner is ok - as long as it's oil free)
- Rub or irritate my eyes
- Tint my lashes or wax my eyebrows
- Cry (haha - just kidding the pamphlet doesn't say this!)
You might be wondering:
- Does it hurt? NO.
- Is it worth it? YES. I'm so much more confident.
- Have you had an allergic reactions? NO. And I have VERY sensitive skin.
- Do you notice the lashes falling off? NO. Do you notice your regular lashes falling off (not really).
- Can you feel the lashes? NOPE! So lightweight.
- Can you swim with them on? YES! Just make sure to wait 48 for the adhesive to properly bond.
816 2nd Avenue South
Onalaska, WI 54650
Monday - Saturday
8 am - 8 pm
We will always do our best to accomodate same day appointments!
Product and services generously provided by Brilliant Bodywork.