photo MDheader_01_zps0be489cc.png photo MDheader_02_zps20c64db4.png photo MDheader_03_zpsd3f430ac.png photo MDheader_04_zps763c0c2a.png  photo MDheader_05_zps9d2dca14.png  photo MDheader_06_zpsa78d7290.png

July 25, 2011

GTLI



This black and silver glass beaded bracelet on my wrist was a gift from Global Team for Local Initiatives. I adore the bracelet and what is stands for. GTLI is an organization that "helps people help themselves". Specifically, the Harmar of Ethipoia.


Why the Hamar?

Dire need: With virtually no food and water, the Hamar are at risk without outside intervention.
Intact culture: The Hamar are one of the few tribes still largely untouched by the modern world.
Development baseline: Because the Hamar have received little outside aid, they provide an ideal baseline for evaluating and strengthening our programs before replicating them elsewhere.


The GTLI Model:

4 Steps to Self-Sufficiency


1. We do extensiveground timewith the tribe before designing programs, in order to build relationships and trust.
2. We work closely with tribal eldersto assess needs, and develop and implement programs.
3. We follow best practices, replicating successful solutions from around the world.
4. We design for sustainability, empowering communities to identify their challenges and to find their own solutions.

All New Hamar Bracelets & Anklets!TraditionalSpiral Beaded Bracelet

Spiral Beaded Necklace


2 comments:

Lindsay Kling said...

I love your evil eye bracelet! Would you mind sharing where it's from? Love the GTLI bracelets too- what a wonderful cause!

Molly Dixon said...

I love it too - thanks :)

I actually got it at...surprise...TJ MAXX. It was $29.99 and it's a little big on my wrist but it was exactly what I was looking for!

This Max & Chloe one is similar: http://rstyle.me/frm5b35

And I LOVE this one: http://rstyle.me/ck4gzb35

This House of Harlow one of so deilicate: I LOVE! http://rstyle.me/bf6sbkb35

BLOG CREATED + DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL